The volunteer program is currently suspended due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Volunteers play a vital role and are welcome to contribute to the smooth running of the House. Task roles are available for people seeking work experience or just looking for something rewarding to do. In return for volunteering we can support you in your job search, especially if you have been out of the workforce for some time and are now looking for an opportunity to get some current work experience. We have all been there! And if your working life is over but you’d like to make a contribution as a Digital Mentor on our Be Connected program or by performing tasks around the House you would be welcome to get in touch.
Roles may include:
- Administration duties including database entry, folding program flyers and booklets, preparing signs for display
- Reception and phone enquiries. (Training for this role is required. Relevant recent work experience or an aptitude for administration work is necessary).
- Tutoring in our BeConnected Program. Digital technology competence is a requirement.
- Sharing your interests as a presenter at Community Lunch and Morning Tea events.
- Helping with general garden tidying and maintenance. This position is currently filled.
- Helping out in the kitchen with general tidying up, filling & emptying the dishwasher, cleaning out cupboards & fridge, preparing sandwiches for Community Lunch and Morning Tea events.
- Contributing to the governance of the House by enquiring about participating on the Committee of Management.